[3830] CQ WW RTTY KB4KBS SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 30 20:56:59 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: GEORGIA
Operating Time (hrs): 19:14

   80:    8   12       6        4     4
   40:   62  120      22       26    10
   20:  147  291      33       48    20
   15:   77  210      10       44    19
   10:   62  171       6       41    16
Total:  356  804      77      163    69  Total Score = 247,632

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Whew!

I must first give a shout-out of maximum gratitude to my loving wife who
allowed me to sequester myself upstairs "talking to disembodied aliens".

This was an incredible effort, unlike any other contest I've ever played in.
The joy of having a CAT-equipped radio was fabulous beyond words!  As usual,
Hiram Percy's Maxim (the number of conflicts on a given contest weekend is
proportional to the personal importance of the contest) was in full presence,
and I lost all of Saturday afternoon from 1900z on. That said, I did give a
full-blown effort from 1730z until the end of the contest on Sunday.

I had several good runs 20 minutes or more and one that lasted an hour or so.
I look at the total DX stations and zones and I can help but quote Steve Erkel,
"Did I do that?"  Highlights include lots of new countries for me, including
Uruguay, Paraguay, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Senegal, and others.  I also worked
a lonely KH6CJJ a few minutes before the contest ended, while the mad house
chased after Guam (KH2T).

And thus the bar is raised a little higher... see y'all next time!

Thanks for the contacts,

Scott, KB4KBS

Station:
Yaesu 450D