[3830] CQ WW RTTY AA5AU SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 30 22:48:32 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs):

   15: 1127  2554      34      96    52
Total: 1127  2554      34      96    52  Total Score = 464,828

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

I really wasn't up for a contest this weekend, but it's CQWW RTTY and you never
want to miss the "big one". My dear kitty Katarina passed last weekend and it
was hard to go through a contest without her in the shack.

So with a heavy heart I went to through the motions hoping to find some comfort
and I did. My results aren't all that bad considering my only antenna was a KT34
at 40'. I missed my SteppIR too!

Thankfully band conditions were pretty good. I missed zones 2, 29, 34, 37, 38
and 39. I did very well with states missing only KY, SC, AR and WY. I was
hoping for 100 DX mults but came up a little short.

Thanks to everyone for working me. Hopefully I'll be back to full antennas by
Roundup but I have a lot of work to do.

73, Don AA5AU