[3830] CQ WW RTTY VA2UP SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 30 23:28:01 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Lasalle

   80:  177   385       41      27    11
   40:  672  1608       52      63    20
   20:  607  1584       47      78    24
   15:  848  2353       43      78    28
   10:  815  2332       26      75    27
Total: 3119  8262      209     321   110  Total Score = 5,287,680

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

Great contest but hard work. Decided to pick the assisted class this time and
work more mults in the process. I was afraid propagation would let go but it
was fine throughout. Did a lot of S&P on the alternate radio this time and took
a few hours off to sleep a bit. Problem saturday in the middle of a great run I
had to leave the station for an hour and this broke my beat.
I had set goals for 3K Qs and 5M+ so I was lucky enough to make it there.
I found the ops were more polite this time around. Generally I get chased away
from my running frequency and it's difficult to hold the spot for very long in
low power, but this time it seemed like the guys actually looked around and
asked QRL? before starting their thing. Wow, are we getting civilized ?? or
maybe we're just getting old... either ways, it worked! Nice going fellows!
Anyways this might be my last LP CQWW contest, I thought it could be fun to try
this contest QRO next year.
Fun weekend here, hope it was the same for you.
73, Fabi va2up