[3830] ARRL UHF K9JK/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 4 17:01:25 EDT 2013

                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: K9JK/R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: EN51/52/61/62

  222:  27      7
  432:  30      7
  903:
  1.2:  18      6
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  75     24  Total Score = 6,696

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Tried a new antenna arrangement: 5 el on 222, 10 el on 432 and 16 el on 1.2G;
but was barefoot on all bands: 25 W on 222, 20W on 432 and 10 W on 1.2G.

A bad cough didn't help my voice, not to mention that the 432 rig was sounding
distorted on occasion due to low voltage from my in car AGM battery not getting
enough charge from the car system to bring it's voltage up. (Maybe it's time for
a second battery booster to keep the voltage up for the FT-897D like the W4RRY
Booster I was using for the FT-736R.)

All in all, not bad for 4 hours of operating time.

Thanks to all who were on, especially those who were able to pull my barefoot
power level, short boom antenna signals out of the noise...I'm STILL hoping to
see more than 250 logs submitted for a UHF Contest, so PLEASE submit your logs
and don't forget to share your contest experiences in the ARRL's On-Line
Soapbox or feel feel to drop a note to me (hamk9jk at ameritech dot net) for
inclusion in the Extended Web version of the Contest Results article or
possibly even in the QST version.

73, JK