[3830] NAQP CW N4KG Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 4 17:14:14 EDT 2013

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ALA

   10:    8     4
-------------------
Total:  282   110  Total Score = 31,020

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

I hadn't intended to operate in this one because of broken/damaged feedlines to
my Low Band Antennas but decided to check for 10M backscatter/short skip after
finishing other chores.  Of course I started making contacts and played around
for a few hours.

My only working Low Band Antenna was a 40M Delta Loop at 45 ft fed at the
corner.  As the rate dropped on 40, I decided to see if the auto-tuner in my
Icom 756PROiii would tune it on 80M.  Voila, it did and several people could
actually copy my calls.  Then I tried it on 160M and again, it worked but
clearly I was Very Weak and only the really loud guys could copy my signal.

Hopefully I can resurrect some of these broken antennas/feedlines before the
Winter Contest Season! (August is BRUTAL in Alabama)

Tom N4KG