[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K8MR LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 8 23:27:30 EDT 2013

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Aug 9

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NJ

   40:  10     10
   20:   5      4
   15:   1      1
Total:  16     15  Total Score = 240

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Still at my daughter's place in NJ helping look after my new granddog. Last
Saturday I had problems with the guys working on their new patio mistakenly
taking down the line I had in the tree in the back yard, and was unsuccessful
in getting up another suitable line. So I ended up with a 33 ft wire vertical
with two radials that loaded up on 40, 15, and barely on 20.

So not a great signal, and not helped by a 300 ft ridge half a mile west of
here. I'm not sure if I won any jump balls, and did lose one to my good friend
W8WTS, himself a small lot kind of guy.

Next week I should be back in Ohio with a better signal and less needed
multiplier.

73,

Jim  K8MR