[3830] WAE CW K1LZ M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 11 21:42:52 EDT 2013

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K1LZ
Operator(s): W1UE K1XM K0VBU
Station: K1LZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ma

   80:   67     0    31
   40:  337   350    43
   20:  777   950    48
   15:  852   630    48
   10:   20     0    10
-------------------------
Total: 2053  1930   465  Total Score = 1,851,630

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

A lot of fun! Due to a family emergency, we missed the first 12 hours of the
contest.  Heard that both 40 and 80 were much better Saturday than Sunday-
unfortunately for us!  We did finally start cranking Saturday morning and just
kept grinding it out.  Sunday morning, we had over 600 QTCs to give out- only a
great effort by K1XM got us close to QTC=QSO.  We didn't play this one to win-
we wanted to try out a number of scenarios related to 2 ops partnering on a
band.  Learned enough to try and develop some new (at least for us) strategies
on how to do it.

Many thanks to Krassy K1LZ for the use of his great station.

Dennis W1UE