[3830] WAE CW K4TD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 11 23:06:00 EDT 2013

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AL

   80:    0     0     0
   40:  271   250   117
   20:  544   519    84
   15:  580   615    86
   10:    1     0     2
-------------------------
Total: 1396  1384   289  Total Score = 803,420

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First, thanks for all the QSO's!  This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite
contest activities.  Lots of great operators from EU in this one.  I hate that
I had to spend so much time this weekend shut down because of bad weather and
lightning in the immediate area.  Plus the thunderstorms generated plenty of
QRN even when they weren't in my back yard, so I had to ask for many more
repeats than I would have liked.  15 meters was the money band for me as far as
rate and signal strength during the day, but 20 meters seemed to come alive in
the evening and stay open late.  In fact, I was late getting to 15 on the first
morning because I was up so late the night before working 20 meters.  Nice to
see ACG members turning out for this one.  I heard several of our members
including: KY4F, N4KH and K4HAL.  Also heard my friend, Drubber, W4IX, all over
the bands this weekend as well.

My thanks to the sponsors for such an interesting contest.  I'm looking forward
to this one next year.  Congratulations to the winners!

73,

Rick
K4TD