[3830] WAE CW 9M2CNC(G4ZFE) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 12 23:44:11 EDT 2013

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: 9M2CNC
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2CNC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kuala Lumpur

   80:    0     0     0
   40:  303    86   111
   20:  648   760    84
   15:  531   611    80
   10:   23     0    30
-------------------------
Total: 1505  1457   305  Total Score = 903,410

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Station:

Elecraft K3 plus Icom PW-1
Force 12 C3-S at 12m
Cushcraft D-40 rotary dipole at 12m

Work and a young family have meant that radio has taken a back seat so it was
great to back contesting again.

To me, WAE is a Marmite contest and I love it! This year, I took QTCs seriously
and tried to send as many QTCs as possible.

Conditions were variable, much QSB on 15m and 10m never fully opened, plus 10m
had frustrating multi-tone QRM across the CW section. The good news is that 20m
stayed open all night on Saturday (not so on Sunday) and 40m was quieter (no
radar). Apologies for the requests for repeats but weak signals and QSB made
things slow sometimes. Thank you for the repeats and patience.

As an un-assisted contester I took up DARC's offer of packet for all entrants.
I ran RBN all weekend and chased mults on my band map. It's addictive and I can
see why the assisted sections are popular. I may rethink my CQWW CW plans.

RBN allowed me to follow the big guns in S.E. Asia - 9V1YC, HS0ZIA and XW0YJY.
Finding their run frequencies, having a listen and comparing single strengths
on RBN into Europe. Some lessons learnt and a need for more aluminum here :-)

73 de Rich, G4ZFE/9M2CNC