[3830] WAE CW JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Aug 13 02:47:34 EDT 2013

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: JG1VGX
Operator(s): JG1VGX
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Chiba
Operating Time (hrs): 26:10

   80:    1     0    1x4
   40:  163    24   28x3
   20:  511   466   41x2
   15:  514   699   38x2
   10:    6     0    4x2
-------------------------
Total: 1195  1189    254  Total Score = 605,536

- A rite of summer contest -

Still being the hottest time of the year, temperature well above 30 Celcius,
this year again I had the luck of playing this contest from a hill top shack,
but with no air conditioners, no shower bath. Added to this there were full of
summer insects especially annoying during nights. But all this was OK since I'm
alone in there anyway. I sweated like a pig but enjoyed the contest to the
fullest.

Due to the heat island effect, Tokyo metropolis was blessed with thunderstorms,
as usual, especially in the late afternoon. Static crashes made me unable to run
one of the prime times since Europe from my location is in exact azimuth to the
thunderstorms.

Ten meters was almost dead but I was able to grab a few Qs thanks to duelling
CQ.

Thanks for all the Qs.

Power: 1kW full legal
Antennas:
- Create Design 714XX (40-20-15 tribander, 3L-5L-5L)
- 10m monobander 7L
- 80m shortened RDP
- 20-15-10 multiband RDP
QTH: Kimitsu, Chiba (QM05bg)