[3830] OhQP K8ND Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 25 01:28:38 EDT 2013

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: K8ND
Operator(s): K8ND
Station: K8ND

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: DELA
Operating Time (hrs): 12:00

   15:    5      0
   10:    4      1
--------------------
Total:  286    441  CW Mults = 89  Ph Mults = 97  Total Score = 188,418

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

It's been a long while since I did a full-time effort in a domestic contest (I
got spoiled with operating at PJ2T), but it was time to blow the dust out of
the hardware and see if I could sit in the chair full time.I operated straight
through, with no breaks other than quick runs to the bathroom.

I started the contest with no strategy, and no review of past results. I was
going to try single-op low power, but after two QSOs, decided to turn the
amplifier on.

Predictably, my score is below last year's top 4 Single-Op High Power scores. I
was surprised to find myself only 43 QSOs behind KW8N at 2316Z. I expect that my
multiplier total of 186 will be *far* below the top scorers, based on last
year's scores.

I've got some work to do if I am going to tolerate my planned Sweepstakes CW
effort, both in my physical condition and in the maintenance of some of the
hardware in the shack and on the tower. Its all suffering from a bad case of
neglect!

Transceiver: Elecraft K3
Amplifier:   Alpha 91b
Antennas: 80m inv-V @ 65-feet