[3830] OhQP DM5EE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 25 09:21:48 EDT 2013

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: DM5EE
Operator(s): DM5EE
Station: DM5EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DX

   20:   23     7
--------------------
Total:   34     7  CW Mults = 24  Ph Mults = 7  Total Score = 2,325

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Part time Low Power effort due to other obligations. Since the shack does not
exist yet, it was an outdoor operation with paper log.

I could operate for one hour at the start of the contest where conditions were
poor at the beginning and improved just when I had to leave the home. Also, the
QRN level from 300degrees (direction NA) was at S9 on the 2kHz filter and still
at S6 with the small CW filter - have to find the source in the neighborhood.

After we got back (2250z / 12:50am local), 20 was still open with good signals
and the noise was down 2-3 S units. Unfortunately the band died after one hour
and only few stations from Ohio had found their way to 20. The G5RV on 40 did
not work particularly well, I saw that folks were moving to 80m, RTTY QRM added
to the frustration and eventually, I gave up after two hours at 2:44am local
time when I realized that the Low Power record would be out of reach with this
limited time effort. No QSO on 80, I heard two stations but could not get
through with 100W.

I still enjoyed the three hours with the crowd and hope to be on again next
year.

73! Uli, DM5EE