[3830] KsQP AD1C Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Aug 27 09:30:30 EDT 2013

                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

   80:
   40:  117     30      3
   20:   47      7
----------------------------
Total:  164     37      3  Mults = 80  Total Score = 46,200

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Transceiver: ICOM IC-7700, 100W
Antennas:    HyGain AV-640 vertical, ground mounted
             1/2 G5RV in attic
Software:    DX4WIN 8.04

I originally started operating the contest to look for the 14 KS counties I
needed on 40 meters, mostly in the west.  I managed to work exactly half of
them.  I never heard Jefferson, the only one I needed in the east.  I could not
believe I worked the more difficult ones in the SW corner due to the short skip
needed from the Denver area.

Most of my Saturday QSOs were on 40 meters; I did not hear very many KS
stations on 20.  Most of my Sunday QSOs were on 20 meters.  It seemed to me
that the mobiles did not do as good a job of going to 40 on Sunday as they did
on Saturday.

I was able to spell SUNFLOWER, KANSAS and QSOPARTY "naturally",
without the help of the bonus station, KS0KS.

Thanks to all the mobiles and fixed stations for getting on in the contest.

Ironically, N0KV was operating mobile on Sunday (not in the contest), and swung
through Cheyenne in the NW corner, one of the ones I needed.  Unfortunately for
me, Barry only operated 20 SSB and did not QSY to 40 that I know of. I think he
continued due east, I did not need any of those.