[3830] ARRL 160 W4NF M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 8 01:45:23 EST 2013

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA

Total:  QSOs = 1110  Sections = 74  Countries = 32  Total Score = 256,414

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I decided to operate this 160 meter contest since I will be in Guatemala,
Fishing during the CQWW contest and then at Deep Creek Lake (probably snow
tubing) for the second CQWW, so no radio then.

The beginning of the contest was fine.  100+ hour during the first and then 80
some hours for the first 5.  Today was rather boring and I just got tired.  The
EU run was very sporadic and not as deep as the CQWW contest while the signals
were very strong.

On Wednesday I went out and re hung my inverted L that had fallen down and then
checked my two reversible beverages.  Of course they were both broken by fallen
trees. I took me about 6 hours to fix everything, but it was very productive as
I listened on the beverages 100% of the time.  I still have to figure out the
feed back problem to the K3 that causes the relay to chatter when I'm
transmitting and listening on the NE/SW Beverage.

Take care and 73, Jack W4NF