[3830] ARRL 160 KR2E Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 8 11:12:48 EST 2013

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KR2E
Operator(s): KR2E
Station: KR2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ

Total:  QSOs = 27  Sections = 17  Countries = 2  Total Score = 969

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I don't have a 160M antenna, so I attached a large loading coil to the base of a
25ft temporary ground-mounted vertical. Resonant frequency came out to be arount
2.3 MHz. My 746-PRO internal tuner was able to tune to the 160M cw band, but the
AL-811 couldn't handle the high SWR, so I operated low power.  I could hear
really well with fairly low noise.  Many stations with S-9 signals into my
receiver could not hear me.  Maybe a bigger coil for later 160M contests, so I
can use the amp.
Thanks to the many outlaws who heard me.

73..Paul...KR2E