[3830] ARRL 160 NA2U M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 8 11:30:22 EST 2013

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NA2U
Operator(s): NA2U
Station: NA2U

Class: M/S LP
QTH: AZ

Total:  QSOs = 78  Sections = 37  Countries = 0  Total Score = 5,883

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Pro III, 100w, Ground-mounted Tarheel 200A-HP screwdriver vertical with 17' whip
and 14' horizontal element, Ten Tec 238 tuner.

QTH is HOA antenna-restricted.  Antenna designed for 10m-80m.  Had low
expectations with low power.  I hope to have house alarm problem remedied by
the CQ 160 test so I can use QRO.  Longest distance Qs were ONS, MAR, EPA, WNY,
and PAC and I'm crediting ops with very good ears on the receiving end.  Murphy
visited Saturday night when for reasons unknown the SWR went up to about 4:1
and the antenna refused to tune afterwards.  Now to find out why. Test was fun.
 It was great to be back on 160m.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U