[3830] ARRL 160 N8SBE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 8 13:50:43 EST 2013

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N8SBE
Operator(s): N8SBE
Station: N8SBE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI

Total:  QSOs = 116  Sections = 37  Countries = 2  Total Score = 8,584

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Didn't get to spend much time, but I've never operated 160M much before, so 116
contacts I think added about 1000% to my previous number of QSO's on 160M.

Used a W8AMZ shortened sloper, apex up about 40 feet, and in general could work
anyone I could hear (and that was a challenge sometimes, because we have a
plasma flat screen TV which can bury 160M under S7 QRM with ease).

Nevertheless, it was fun, and has piqued my interest in the Top Band.  Maybe
I'll work on a 160M endorsement for my WAS this winter.