[3830] 10RTTY WF7T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 8 23:44:42 EST 2013

                    Ten-Meter RTTY Contest

Call: WF7T
Operator(s): WF7T
Station: WF7T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN

Total:  QSOs = 131  State/Prov = 13  Countries = 24  Total Score = 4,847

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Spent a few hours here and there Sunday. Woke up early to for the pre-dawn in
160M, then remembered the 10M RTTY contest was on. I didn't want to go back to
sleep and mess up my entire sleep cycle, so I fed the doggies, made a cup of
coffee in the french press. I cringed in the wet and cold while I marshaled the
dogs around the yard. It would be good to sit back down at the rig to see what
was shaking on 28 MHz.

A fair opening to EU was found on 10M at daybreak that continued through to
noon local time. Errands interrupted mid-day, but I was able to return for the
s-l-o-w finish. I wished I had the yagi up already, since lots of people were
working JA that I just wasn't hearing. My domestic contacts were all 6- and
7-land, along with Western and Northeastern Canada; nothing much else closer in
during my operating times. Surprisingly, the path to SA was very difficult this
afternoon.

It was fun, however, to add a few more RY Qs in the log. My appreciation goes
to the organizers/checkers.

It is a real treat to work many familiar calls of our Contesting family. It is
even better to work the unfamiliar calls, and I do hope they will keep coming
back (and I also hope they turn off the RSID and remember to add a spaces! ;)

I had a very brief but enjoyable exchange with JA7IC right after the close of
the contest. Thanks again for the contact and the chat Teruo-san, 73!

Brad WF7T
Nashville, TN

---

ICOM-7600 @ 100W, Doublet @ 40', N1MM/MMTTY/2tone