[3830] ARRL 160 K0TT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 9 00:19:45 EST 2013

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0TT
Operator(s): K0TT
Station: K0TT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN

Total:  QSOs = 910  Sections = 79  Countries = 7  Total Score = 158,326

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Rig: IC-765
Ant: 1/8 wv wire vertical, top loaded (t-wire strung between two of the 80m
4-square towers).

Good and stable propagation to most areas of the continent. Only area that was
lacking propagation was California. Missed SJV, along with PR, NL and NT. Heard
east coast working lots of EU, but could only hear and work TM6M.

Increased number of radials from 8 to 32 last week, before the weather turned
bad.  Had to design and build a matching network since the significant decrease
in ground loss meant I no longer saw a 50 ohm load. Thanks to ON4UN Low Band
DXing book and software, I was able to build a coaxial stub match that worked
as designed on the first try.