[3830] ARRL 160 WE9V(@WE9V/9) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 9 19:42:31 EST 2013

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WE9V
Operator(s): WE9V
Station: WE9V/9

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI

Total:  QSOs = 532  Sections = 67  Countries = 6  Total Score = 78,986

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Not sure what was up, but conditions/rate was VERY slow from my
/9 location in central Wisconsin.  I went up there because it's in the middle
of nowhere and has no noise.  Well...at least last time I used this location a
few years ago.  Now it has S9 noise just like at home.  Mid-day, the K3 NB
would knock the noise down to S2-3, but come evening, the NB wasn't doing a
thing so it was quite noisy.

Anyway, rate was horrible.  I decided, that with a snow storm predicted for my
planned drive home, that I'd pack up this field day style operation a day
early, drive home, and do something more productive.  (Good thing...there were
MANY multi-car pileups on the interstate near home that I avoided.)

Chad WE9V
http://www.we9v.com