[3830] ARRL 160 K8FC Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 9 22:40:23 EST 2013

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8FC
Operator(s): K8FC
Station: K8FC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WNY

Total:  QSOs = 1150  Sections = 80  Countries = 29  Total Score = 270,974

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Single OP ONE Radio  (Can be construed as an editorial remark)

Conditions on the band Friday were not the best.  QSB was very rampant from
this location on both evenings.  Absolute hard time working into California.
Of all things, I never heard a LAX section until late Saturday evening.  I
missed NT, AK never heard either one.  Good rate S&Ping at the beginning of
the contest.  You could literally start at the bottom and pick them off one by
one all the way up into the Stratosphere around 1870 then turn around and do it
all over again.  The P3 on the K3 made this task a pleasure and not a task.
Signals were wall to wall and you could squeeze in for some running with a bit
of judicious dial wobble and the P3.  The skirts on the K3 are great.
Especially because I could only occupy one frequency for my run station.

Happy Holidays Boyze !