[3830] ARRL 10 5Q2T(OZ0J) SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 15 15:31:15 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: 5Q2T
Operator(s): OZ0J
Station: OZ0J

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: jo55wf

   CW:  265    91
  SSB:  331   106
-------------------
Total:  596   197  Total Score = 339,234

Club: Danish DX Group

Comments:

It is always fun to work this contest when the conditions are good. Denmark was
hit by 2 hurricanes within a month and I also have to fixe some antennas and a
tower to work this contest.

Nevertheless, I have planned all Christmas events not to be this weekend so I
could work some of the DXCCs and US states missing on 10 Meters.

According to my log and the DX cluster it seems to be possible to work (and
hear) at least 100 DXCCs during the weekend. It was more a challenge to work
them all and come through the pile-up among other stations. It helps with an
amplifier but not all DXCCs were possible to work this weekend.

I mixed between CW and S&P, mostly when the CQ did not get the expected
pile-up. Especially to AS and OC there was not much reply on the CQ, and the
S&P took very long time from one multiplier to another.

However, it was nice to be called from VK, JA and BW among other stations, but
the big expected pile-up from JA did not take place.

There was as always a huge number of stations from NA. However, I only heard 3
provinces from Canada. There where all the other stations?

I guess we only where a few stations from OZ. I don’t see a lot of Danish
stations on the DX-cluster, and I only heard and worked very few. When I was
reported on the cluster, I got a minor pile-up on both CW and phone.

5Q is still a rare prefix on CW, and I am sure that some stations have worked
med as HQ and SQ.

Merry X-mas and HNY.

73
Joe, 5Q2T