[3830] ARRL 10 W2EG SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 15 19:17:16 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W2EG
Operator(s): W2EG
Station: W2EG

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: ENY

   CW:  405    96
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  405    96  Total Score = 155,520

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

Just beat last year's score in nearly 4 fewer hours. Over 130 fewer Q's this
year, but 25 more mults. Quite a difference contesting with a dipole @ 45' (vs.
last year's 3 el @ 75'). There were stretches (particulalry early in the days)
where I could run at fair rates (and I felt loud), but as the afternoons
progressed, I had to WORK for the Q's (s&p, with many calls). The upside
was that I could focus on mults. Worked several JA's late in the final
afternoon (all s&p), which I enjoyed. I was surprised they could hear me
with my dipole.  Thanks all for the Q's. 73, Rich, W2EG