[3830] ARRL 10 W4GV SO SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 15 20:05:02 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4GV
Operator(s): W4GV
Station: W4GV

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: NFL

   CW:    0     0
  SSB:  816   122
-------------------
Total:  816   122  Total Score = 199,104

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

SOHP Phone Unassisted

Much better than last year even though last year was mixed with a third of QSOs
coming from CW.  Score was almost double last year with many more QSOs.  Had
several holiday, family and charitable events come up that took time away.
Daughter and grand daughter arrived for a two week visit over Christmas; very
large Holiday Party with fantastic friends; participated in Church service and
a ceremony turning over s Habitat for Humanity home to its new owner.
Band shut down when the sun disappeared but came back on when it rose, just
like someone was flipping a switch.  Sunday night last hour, skip got long  -
worked several VKs and a ZL.
Managed to sweep W1, W6, and W7 call areas but some states were conspicuous by
their absence in my log, such as NJ, DC, PA, VA, IN, KS, MO and NE. Did manage
to pick up 4 of the 6 states I needed for 10M WAS.  Just need DE and KY to
close it out.
All in all, a great weekend and pretty satisfied with the effort.  Thanks to
all for the Q's and preserving until I dug out some of the hard to copy ones.

Station - FTDX-9000D, Acom 1500, Mosley Pro67B, PalStar HF-Auto Antenna Tuner,
MFJ Model MFJ-434 Voice Keyer, Writelog Ver 11.15A