[3830] ARRL 10 N5XZ M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 15 20:11:00 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5XZ
Operator(s): N5XZ
Station: N5XZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 29:43

   CW: 1952   163
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1952   163  Total Score = 1,272,704

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

WOW!! What a great contest and great conditions! I had a very peculiar start,
though: I grabbed a frequency (28.010) and started making contacts an hour
before the contest, so that I could get a great start...but when the contest
started, I got exactly ZERO calls! For FIVE FULL MINUTES! I finally had to move
off the frequency and start answering CQ's to make Q's. Talk about a lousy start
to a contest! Well, the rest of the contest turned out to be GREAT! The band was
open just about to midnight the first night and open just after 6 am each
morning. I had some of the best rates and longest runs I've ever had. The first
long run was almost 300 Q's followed by another of almost 150! I worked 49
states (where were you SC?), 10 provinces, 3 Mexican states and 1 /MM along
with exactly 100 countries for DXCC. Had a max 10Q rate of 279.

I wish there was a SO Assisted category because I really was not M/S.

As usual, all the equipment performed flawlessly, but the room sure got warm
with the amp going full time!

Rig: K3/P3
Amp: ETO Alpha 78
Ant: 4-el SteppIR at 75 feet