[3830] ARRL 10 G3TXF M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 15 21:14:31 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: G3TXF
Operator(s): G3TXF
Station: G3TXF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Weybridge

   CW:  709   159
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  709   159  Total Score = 450,924

Club: Three As CG

Comments:

1. There's no real category for Assisted-CW-only!

Pity there's no category in this Contest that properly reflects "single-op
CW assisted".

Firstly you are forced into an artificial Multi-Op category and then, even
worse for a CW operator, you are forced into a MIXED-Mode category. I wasn't
Mixed-Mode, I was CW-only (assisted), but my Contest entry is not allowed to
reflect that!

2. Round-the-world after rings?

However it was an excellent way to spend a few hours on 10m - with some
amazingly loud signals. Around 10z on both days several big stations were
exhibiting multiple decaying "after-rings" on their signals. Were
signals going around the world several times, I wonder?

73 - Nigel G3TXF