[3830] ARRL 10 K0TT SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 15 23:05:59 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K0TT
Operator(s): K0TT
Station: K0TT

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: MN

   CW:  742   121
  SSB: 1580   144
-------------------
Total: 2322   265  Total Score = 1,623,920

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Best 10M contest conditions since the previous solar cycle. Conditions similar
to 1991 and 1992, when K0TT ran in the multi-single category with 1.4M and 1.3M
points respectively. With the addition of the Mexico states, those scores would
have been about the same as this year.

Backscatter mode available from an hour before sunrise to an hour before
sunset. With the usual evening opening to the east coast and the local MN
activity, I was able to work over 200 stations Friday by the time I shut down
around midnight. No opening to the east coast Saturday evening.

Sounded like a California QSO party each afternoon. Logged 292 contacts with
CA, followed by 112 with MN.

Rig: IC-765
Amp: TL-922A
Antennas: 5 ele yagi @ 110', vertical dipole at 80'