[3830] ARRL 10 VE7FO M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 16 03:24:04 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Vancouver BC

   CW:  110    31
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  110    31  Total Score = 13,640

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Well, that was fun.  I had hoped to put in a significant effort in this one as,
because of age, I probably won't see another 10m test with conditions as good.

However, a lot of priority family stuff to deal with and only got on for the
last hour.

Boy, if you can do only one hour in a test, make it the last one.

I pointed the beam at W4, called CQ on CW and 2 guys answered.  Was immediately
spotted so didn't call CQ again for maybe forty minutes.  Pileup was sometimes 6
or 7 deep - something I'm not used to.  Running HP (for, I think, the first time
from home) probably contributed to the pileup.  Being fresh meat was likely the
main reason for it.

N1MM 10 min rate meter was a bit above 250 a couple of times, although not
during the deeper pileups, and I was really sweating trying to keep it up.

Ended up with 110 Qs in just over 1 hour.

Thanks for the Qs and my apologies for the occasional FFFs  (Fat Finger
Fumbles)

73, Jim VE7FO