[3830] ARRL 10 KL7RA SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 16 05:18:04 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: ALASKA

   CW: 1829   118
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1829   118  Total Score = 863,288

Serious effort trying for 2000 Q's and bust one million but not to be. Lost some
big hours when the antennas shut down due to ice and I was down to 50 watts for
most of Friday. Big disappointment was missing Europe. They did come up out of
the noise, actually to very nice no aurora signals but I couldn't pounce fast
enough and the lower 48 came up at the same time sucking bandwidth. Just not
enough in the log this year. If I could have run at least 20 mins of rate to
Europe then a million score would have been in the bag.

Trying to control the packet clickers, all calling on the same exact freq took
some effort. Always someone was calling over and over ignoring anything I was
doing. Lots of ESP signals after every CQ and trying to get their call took
multiple tries but it was possible to get some in the log as they pop up for a
few seconds.

Contest ended and I was up and outside snowblowing the road after a major
blizzard Friday closed it in. Although you sure can't tell it by the log or my
score but I did put 40 hours into this, most of it waiting for Europe. Multi-op
would have been more fun.

73 Rich KL7RA   Big Stew DXC next.