[3830] ARRL 10 PJ2T M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 16 11:28:20 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): W6DR N5OT NT6X N9YS W0CG
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: PJ2
Operating Time (hrs): 34:40

   CW: 2325   163
  SSB: 1362   159
-------------------
Total: 3687   322  Total Score = 3,871,728

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a welcome opportunity for a break from the cold and snow of more
northern latitudes!  Only a couple months ago, Geoff at PJ2T put out an
announcement that the station was open for the 10 meter contest.  A bunch of us
old buddies were looking for just such an opportunity.  Our trip to Curacao has
not been disappointing - we have had a great time and we made a lot of
contacts!  We are heading home tomorrow, (back to the colder weather) far too
soon.

In the contest, there were more than 12 hours when we couldn’t work anybody,
but only just barely �" we took off a little over 6 hours each night.
The rest of the time, there were runs, runs and more runs.  We placed a higher
priority on our QSO total than maybe we should have, and corrected some for
that on Sunday by spending more time finding multipliers we were missing.  We
wondered quietly about our balance of voice and code contacts, never quite
knowing if we should be on the other mode at any given time.  All we could know
about other entrants was what we could hear on the radio or glean from the
network.  We knew nothing about the balances of their QSOs on different modes
or their multiplier totals.

Congratulations to last year’s winner CW5W, and HK1NA, ZW5B et al.  Every
time we tuned past other big Multi-Ops and heard their QSO number, we were
moved to keep pushing onward.  Our thanks to everyone who got on for the
contest!  We all made it memorable for each other.  Our thanks to Geoff, PJ2DX,
and the Caribbean Contesting Consortium for allowing us to play at a super
contest station in a really fine location.

73,
Mike, NT6X
Dave, W6DR
Yin, N9YS