[3830] ARRL 10 K6GHA SO SSB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 16 12:58:28 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: Santa Cruz, CA

   CW:    0     0
  SSB:  627    99
-------------------
Total:  627    99  Total Score = 124,146

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

From the scores presented and the conditions I found, it looks like 10m was (in
surfing terms) pumping! Although my Low Power effort was modestly good (almost
tripling last years), I at least know where there is room for improvement.
 On the plus side, I had some good hour long runs where I made 90 Qs, while
working a number of S.A., C.A. and Pacific DX. Although there was action all
the way up around 28.800+ the best performance I had was down around
28.300’s. On the minus side, I couldn’t often hold a band location in the
lower Tech frequencies (need more power).
 Lots of openings in the morning and afternoon, some afternoon flat spots for
me, but all in all a lot of fun.