[3830] ARRL 10 K9JK SO SSB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 17 12:07:48 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K9JK
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: K9JK

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): ~ 3-4

   CW:
  SSB:  22     15
-------------------
Total:  22     15  Total Score = 660

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

A part-time effort with minimal antenna.

Instead of operating from the car as I did last year (possible with the warmer
temps. here around Chicago in last year's early December), I operated from
'inside', using my hamstick-clone mobile antenna mag-mounted to the railing of
the front steps. The antenna didn't seem to work as well as when mounted on the
roof of the car.

What a difference in band conditions as compared to 2012. I still managed to
achieve DXDC (DX Decade Club) in the test but heard many more countries than I
was able to get to hear me. The only states I worked were out west, I never
even heard any stations from the east coast.

Thanks to all the stations who were on and participated in this test,
especially to those who picked my puny signal out of the noise.

Thanks also to ARRL for their continued sponsorship and support for the 10
Meter Contest.