[3830] ARRL 10 VA3KAI SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 18 11:21:03 EST 2013

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VA3KAI
Operator(s): VA3KAI
Station: VA3KAI

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: ONE - Perth
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  244    89
  SSB:  109    37
-------------------
Total:  353   126  Total Score = 150,444

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio:  TS2000 at 100W
Ant:    270' and 132' OCF dipoles (inv-vee) up 40'
Keyer:  HamGadgets MasterKeyer MK1
Logging: N1MM (current version)

Casual S&P over most of the day-time and early evening hours; but, I lost
3-4 hours of prime operating time on Saturday morning plowing 10" snow off
our long access road. Operating conditions were pretty good overall with
clusters of contacts from the same 3-4 states as the band moved across North
America, the Pacific Ocean and on to Japan, NZ & Australia! Tried holding a
frequency a few times on SSB only to find out I was competing with some
super-station on or about the same frequency; but, I couldn't hear them at all!