[3830] NCCC Sprint WD0T(@KD0S) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Dec 20 00:06:32 EST 2013

                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 20

Call: WD0T
Operator(s): WD0T
Station: KD0S

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SD

  160:   5      5
   80:  10     10
   40:  16     12
Total:  31     27  Total Score = 837

For some reason I just had the thought that if a could have made few less Q's on
40 I could have had a perfect Q to mult Ratio!! hahaahah.. Ok call me strange!

Very weird nite indeed, first I thought I might have to tie a rope to my self
to find my way back to my house if I get lost walking the 400ft to KD0S shack
in a blizzard, but it wasn't quite that bad so skipped that idea.. snow was
deep and blowing but could see good enough to make it!!

Got to the KD0S house and Mrs KD0S sez to be quiet and no excited outbursts
like I normally do when operating, hehe, heck didn't even know I did that!!
She had folks sleeping next to the radio room, getting ready to move cars off
the Snow route in the late hours of the nite, so she didn't want me to wake
them up! Didn't do the after hours net on 3610 as I'm WAAY too loud on SSB!!
Catch you guys next time!

So, then I sit down and get the computer going, test it, and it takes about 30
seconds for a callsign to show up on the screen after typing it in, uh oh, but
no time to fix that or reboot!  Gotta go with what I have.. So,

Get going with the keyer and computer(slow as it is) , and DanWa sending great
BUGwa keying, OH NO, its the Bug/SK nite, ok so change my keyer to heavy
weighting after a few Q's, ah NO thats not so great, so just use the paddles as
a straight key, so did that!! hehe,what  a fun time!

Crazy nite!!

Lots of cool keying, DanWa wins the Best BugWa award!! N3ZZ Tom great straight
key along with N3QE, NO3M Eric with best keyer/ weighting award!  I probably
missed a lot of great ones.. Heard N6RO but no Qso any band..

Great to work you guys again using multiple types of keying, and I know others
changed their paddles, keyers, whatever, bugs as we went, it was a HOOT!!

Thanks for the fun, and looking foward to next week, or this weekend, if
anything happening, I gotta check the BNM..

73 God Bless, Todd WD0T