[3830] TBDC KU8E Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 29 21:29:00 EST 2013

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

Total:  QSOs = 225  Total Score = 926

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Just part time this time. It's been a tough few weeks here for my family. My mom
passed away at the beginning of the month and had been travelling back and forth
between GA and Ohio during that time. First time I had even turned the radio on
since the 10 meter contest. Nice to get in some radio (fun) time to take my
mind off of that.

Heard several loud EU stations - DL6FBL and E7DX come to mind but they CQ'ed in
my face. I shutdown before EU sunrise so maybe I could have worked one if I had
stayed up. I did break the pileup to CE1/K7CA - which was pretty cool running
100 watts. I guess my mediocre antenna isn't so bad after all.

HNY to all my contesting friends...

Jeff KU8E