[3830] TBDC W5MX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 30 15:47:48 EST 2013

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KY EM77

Total:  QSOs = 638  Total Score = 2,657

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Condx seemed pretty good here in central KY, but participation seemed down as
well. Noticed others commenting on that as well.
Had some great propogation to EU, just not many seemed to be on. Band was quiet
and could hear everything well. West coast seemed better than in the ARRL as
well.
Had to go in to work for several hours early in the day, didn't get any
additional sleep so was not well rested going in. I managed to make it all the
way to 11:00z and was falling asleep in front of the radio while S&P.
Decided to catch a quick nap for about an hour. Yea right, we all know how that
goes. Woke up about 16:30z, epic fail on my part. Had a decent score going too,
could have used at least one of the VK's that many have commented about. Would
have been great points and long distance number for me, but not to happen this
time I guess.

Grid Square base points break down:
96 @ 1pt
210@ 2pts
138@ 3pts
32 @ 4pts
21 @ 5pts
27 @ 6pts
46 @ 7pts
1  @ 8pts
1  @ 9pts
2  @11pts
5  @13pts
11 @14pts
27 @15pts
14 @16pts
4  @17pts
2  @18pts
1  @19pts

Yes, 19 point grid my longest contact. Not the best!

73's all,
Bryan
W5MX