[3830] TBDC WI9WI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 30 19:25:00 EST 2013

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN53

Total:  QSOs = 128  Total Score = 340

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Like many living on a city lot, I have compromised antennas for 160. I also have
fairly high noise levels, mainly from the University of Wisconsin research park
just behind my house. But, it's still fun to get on 160 and pass out some QSOs
even if I'm pretty much of an alligator. After a couple of hours of operating I
shut down for dinner and to talk to my sister in law who just had arrived from
Hong Kong (do I get QSO points for that?) I then set up my new KX3 and operated
for an hour or so with the call N9FJ at QRP levels.

Gear for WI9WI:
K3
Tokyo HP amp at 500 watts
33 ft wire vertical top loaded with about 10 radials
small terminated loop for receiving (this really helps)

Thanks for the QSOs

73

Jim