[3830] TBDC ON9CC Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 31 15:39:57 EST 2013

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: ON9CC
Operator(s): ON9CC PC5A
Station: ON9CC

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Voeren
Operating Time (hrs): 13,23

Total:  QSOs = 344  Total Score = 1,545

Aurelio, PC5A and I decided to participate in the Stew Perry to give the
beverages (5 in total, of which 4 reversible, of which 2x 300m long, all others
240m long) and a K9AY a try-out before the CQ160. I can only set this up in the
field behind our house during the winter when the farmer keeps the cows inside.

The antennas seemed to work FB, but the conditions later in the contest
deteriorated. Hence the number of North Americans worked was a little
dissapointing. ODX direction West was W5LE in EM16. We heared K5ZD q5 but he
didn't hear us. FM5CD was worked at the first call.
Several JA's were heard but only 1 JA in the log which is this contest's ODX
for us: JH4UYB in PM64. No VK or other far-east was heard.
CE1/K7CA was heared (again) for many hours but again we couldn't work him.

Overall we had a good time and enjoyed the contest logging good friends as NR4M
and other well known calls as PA1M, K3WW, NO3M, K1LZ, K8MFO, K9AY and many
others!

See you in the 2014 CQ 160 CW & SSB contests!

73
Frank
ON9CC