[3830] XE RTTY W0YK HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Feb 2 23:05:40 EST 2013

                    Mexico RTTY International Contest

Call: W0YK
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

Total:  304    39  Total Score = 28,509

Club: Loma Prieta Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for the contacts.  I used this contest to spend another few hours ringing
out all the new things I'm trying out in preparation for WPX RTTY next weekend.
Overall, it was smoother than last weekend.  I used the new Beta DSP firmware in
both K3s so that my FSK signal was cleaner and narrower on both bands.  N1MM
Logger ran better for me, which just means that I made less goofs with it
today.

By comparison to last weekend's BARTG RTTY Sprint, the 2Tone decoder was the
only clear copy I got in many instances.  Signals were weak in general, yet all
three decoders did an excellent job.  (MMTTY, DXP38 and 2Tone.)  There were a
number of times where I heard nothing but there was perfect printing on the
screen.  S0 signals and clear copy.  Other than a couple signals that just
faded away, there were none that didn't decode satisfactorily for a QSO.

I dual-CQ'd on 10 and 15 plus used the second receiver in each to work other
running stations on both bands.  There was very little on 10m other than myself
and the bandscope was completely void of signals all day.  Yet, I had many JAs,
some VKs, ZLs and UA0s call in that were as strong as S4.  I'm sure most people
concluded the band was dead, but it was simply devoid of operators.  I had
propagation all over NA and SA plus Asia and Oceania.

Ed W0YK