[3830] NA Sprint CW K5WA HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Feb 2 23:11:34 EST 2013

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX

---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Personal best. Great Conditions on all bands.  VERY big signals everywhere.  I
heard VE6EX several times but never got AB in the log darn it.  Still happy
with my mults though.

I tried a new setup for my F keys so that a little bit of intelligence was
built into the SO2R box switching of my headphones.  I think worked well but I
needed to learn it the first hour and a half.

I made a huge mistake before the contest since I had a few hours to spare up
here at the contest station and decided I would load Win 8 on my contest
machine.  What could possibly go wrong...?  When I finally gave up since my
VSPE would run on a 64 bit OS, I had to completely build up a Win XP machine I
had laying around and THEN load my printed N1MM F keys into the new setup.  Oh
well, it sure made my adrenalin flow.

Lots of fun as usual.

73,
Bob K5WA