[3830] NA Sprint CW N6TV HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 3 02:14:39 EST 2013

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N6TV
Operator(s): N6TV
Station: N6TV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern California Contest Club #1

Comments:

I think this is personal best in both QSOs and multipliers.

It was so nice to work:  CO2, KL7, KP4, KP2, VE4, VE5, VE6, VE9.  Thanks for
getting on guys!

Heard a VE7, but he was in some other contest and wouldn't give out a Sprint
QSO.  Only made one QSO each with AR, UT, WY, VE5, VE9, KP2, and KY.

In the last hour I had some unexpected trouble with the amp. tripping off due
to high SWR on 80m, which was very distracting and really slowed me down (my
short dipole is very narrow and requires constant re-tuning every time I QSY by
10 kHz).  The new screwdriver controller for the Tornado tuner seemed to get out
of calibration after a while; the presets I had set up before the contest seemed
to  have changed a bit after constant use.

Rig: Elecraft K3 (2)
Amp: Alpha 87A (2)
Ant: 5 ele 20, 3 ele 40, 1 el 80
SO2R:  microHAM MK2R+
Software:  Win-Test 4.11.0-dev

Congrats to N5KO, N2IC who generated some very impressive numbers (400 QSOs!).

Special thanks to K6XX who climbed to the top of my mast last weekend to
install my repaired Tornado tuner so I could get on 80.  Thanks Bob!

73,
Bob, N6TV