[3830] NA Sprint CW K0UK QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 3 06:27:54 EST 2013

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: COLORADO

   80:   58     1.2
   40:   73     1.2
   20:   55     1.2
---------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: Rockies CW

Comments:

This is a first but I had to try it to say I had done it in QRP. But I found it
for my skill level to be very enjoyable. Started on 40 with some QSO's then
straight to 20m which for the most part was to show how I would work this
contest. No real cqing, would do a cq once or twice and then figured just S&P
and maybe some one would pick me up. Thats the way it went the rest of the
contest. Used the 2nd radio some but not enough as I should.
 The advantage of QRP very low intermod especially with my antennas being so
close to each other(still need a better filters, 419 dont do that good even
with stubs nuff said)
 The disadvantage is you sometimes dont get a ? or K0?? its just nothing then a
cq in your face. Forget about jumb balls just move on and get over it.
 Thanks to all those who put up with my ?? had some computer issues. My old
computer is I think on its last leg.For some reason I would key in the info and
it would just erase or not show up then it would just get in?? Not sure whats
going on. I think bad pwr supply. We will see...
 Sure glad this contest doesnt go to 160mtrs where my noise is SUPER bad but
this time on 80mtrs it wasnt super bad but bad enough! I do hear another
lightning arrester going out too..
 Thanks to all the GMCC'er worked and sorry Chuck for the KO not K0. Fumble
fingered typing getting to K0 in fact I did that to several K0 I try not to
discriminate Hi.
 Oh, sent in score earlier but robot said my whole score was invalid due to
date. Figured like Ken ETT that it would take next day. It did.
 God Bless and GO 49'ers
  Bill UK