[3830] NA Sprint CW K3STX HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 3 11:44:48 EST 2013

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD

   80:  23        1
   40:  11      .25
   20:   9      .25
---------------------
Total:  43     Mults = 30  Total Score = 1,290

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

First the good news: I took DanWa's advice and took it EASY today since it was
my 50th birthday! So did not find much time to operate.

Now the bad news: I took DanWa's advice and decided to operate the contest
using my old Vibroplex Lightning bug! There was talk of an "Ol' Buggers" team;
it never materialized but since I was only in it for a short time and for fun
... ... ...

Sorry for the horrible fist. Certainly the name "BUG" sent many for a loop.

What new respect I have for DanWa logging with paper and pencil!!! It is
amazing he can do this for hours and actually decipher what he has written,
only to plug it all in to a computer. My paper is a MESS, but I think I got it
all right. I am sure some of my TIMES are off; I only made notes of the time
when I had a break, every 10 minutes or so.

Doing a contest with paddles/paper/pencil is one thing, doing it with a
bug/paper/pencil, in a Sprint, was probably not a great idea!! It WAS nice that
some guys would slow down when answering my lousy 25 wpm response; guys I really
know kept up the 40 wpm knowing I could handle it.

It was fun. As noted by others, the bands seemed LONG.

Paul "Bug-Man", K3STX