[3830] RTTY WPX KR7X(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 10 14:34:19 EST 2013

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KR7X
Operator(s): KR7X
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Smoke Ranch rides again! Hosts Brad and Ruth graciously once again allowed me a
bit of my chosen madness! They are special people and have my fullest thank you
for tolerating my intrusion.

This was a shortened effort on my part due to family commitments on Sunday so I
could only operate the first part of the test. I feel I did well considering the
limited amount of time I had available. I want to thank Joe of microHam USA who
shipped overnight a new cable for the the MKII-R+ as one of the old ones had
been repaired one too many times. It arrived noon on Friday and I made it up to
Smoke Mountain Ranch and had everything working by 2:30pm local on Friday just
in time for the test start.

It seem to me that participation was again up and the quality of the operating
was excellent with few incidents, mostly on my part! I apologize to KD7MSC, I
think it was, I was operating about 10 kHz lower and all of a sudden I was on
top of you! I hit the wrong key and SRI. It was a senior moment I swear.

Thanks to all who participated and completed QSO's with me. Hope to see you all
next time.

Ciao and 73
Hank / KR7X