[3830] RTTY WPX WE9V SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 10 22:54:51 EST 2013

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: WE9V
Operator(s): WE9V
Station: WE9V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Well, 12 hours before the contest, the station wasn't even
set up for RTTY.  I hadn't installed MMTTY since upgrading
my computer 1.5 years ago.  I had all kinds of issues with
MMTTY not talking to Writelog, not loading at all, and tons
of new soundcard issues.  Windows 7 and ham radio don't mix
well.

Fortunately, there was a snow emergency and I stayed home
with my daughter who's school was canceled, which allowed
me to try to sort through these issues.  I started the
contest as low power, but when the first hour netted 32
QSOs, followed by 31 in the next hour, I took a break,
then came back and fired up the amplifiers.

I had to take care of my daughter all weekend, so couldn't
put in a full effort, but I did manage to beat my personal
best score by nearly 2 million points.  (Okay, I've only
operated this contest 3 times before in the last 25 years.)
Fairly pleased with the results for only 18.5 hours.  RTTY
contests are such a blast for SO2R operating.  Best rate
was a 138 and 134 hour.

Thanks for the Qs!
Chad WE9V
http://www.we9v.com