[3830] RTTY WPX VE3RCN SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 11 08:23:58 EST 2013

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE3RCN
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: VE3RCN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Welland, ON
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Many thanks to Glenn VA3DX for coming up on the air a few days ahead of time to
test my system with me. Also thanks to Rich VE3KI for his assistance in
answering my confused questions.
I have retired my old 386 and inherited the family computer of 5 years with Win
XP and 4 gig of RAM since the family computer was replaced with an I5 system.
I did off and on operating the first day...search and pounce with the N1MM
programme using a Signalink in AFSK. I could only do S&P as strong signals
adjacent signals would beat down the signal I was trying to copy. If I could do
true FSK, I could utilize the band filters on the TS2000. I finally got brave
and started to click on buttons on the MTTY window. I discovered the BPF filter
button. AHA! Now I could slide into the fray in the middle of the band and work
people with my 45 watts.
Looking forward to playing with N1MM over the next year of contesting. It will
be a learning curve with the software for me. Next year should prove a much
higher score when I have the rotator fixed on the beam and be able to track the
propagation instead of being pointed one direction at all times.

73, Kevin, VE3RCN