[3830] ARRLDX CW K2ZC SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 17 17:37:12 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K2ZC
Operator(s): K2ZC
Station: K2ZC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NNJ

  160:    0     0
Total: 1308   345  Total Score = 1,353,780

Club: Bergen ARA

Comments:

Actually operated 99% of contest in low power. I started in High power and fully
intended to use it for the entire contest but I had rf issues causing my
keyboard to freeze and my transmitter to lockup in transmit. But low power
worked out pretty good. I was always able to work any station I could hear. As
long as I didn't have to break through a pileup, low power was not a
disadvantage. I used my new KX3 as my receiver and my IC-746 pro as my
transmitter through a home-brew t/r switching circuit. My antennas are all
dipoles. I interfaced using LP Bridge2 to run NaP3,CW Skimmer, N1MM and DxLab
Commander. Everything worked perfectly except for the rf problem. The CWT and
spot buttons on the kx3 worked great to get me spot on frequency. I threw in
the towel after 25 hrs of operating. (about 2 hours before the end of the
contest). I need my nap. Thanks to all for the qso's and 73's.
Dave k2zc