[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3CR(VA3DF) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 17 19:09:44 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3CR
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

Total: 1698   477  Total Score = 2,429,838

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I've been qrt all year as we prepare our house for sale and get ready for a move
to a new qth. However, Eric (VE3CR) kindly offered me the use of his station for
ARRL DX CW so I jumped at the chance!

Don't think I have ever operated as SOAB HP in a contest so this was a real
experience! To top things off, I went completely over to the dark side and
operated with assistance...

Some issues getting ready for the contest and also some minor problems during
the event but all in all, things went smoothly.Biggest issue was my hand got
sore from clicking on spots!

Didn't really know what to expect operating SOAB HP but decided to go for the
gusto and leave nothing on the table and the final result was worth all the
work. Actually worked for about 42 hours with plenty of small breaks.

This will probably be my last contest until we move to the new qth and get the
new antennas in place. Many thanks to VE3CR for the use of his fine station.

And now, as is our custom, it's time for a feast courtesy of Ms. Sheila, Eric's
XYL! My thanks to all who worked VE3CR and also to those who travelled to DX
locations - hope you all had as much fun as I did!

73,

Doug
VA3DF