[3830] ARRLDX CW EI2CN SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 17 19:15:39 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ireland
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  347   140  Total Score = 145,740

This was a casual effort.    I went on Saturday and Sunday afternoon for a few
hours and worked Sunday night.    On Saturday night 9U4U was my prize on TB and
the contest was of no consequence to me.   Had plenty of sleep and exercise.
Started out thinking I would only operate 15M but found 10M open and then
decided what the heck give all bands a bit of a whirl.    It was good practice
for CQ WPX CW later in March.   Life is great and I thank all who gave me a
QSO.   Except for Saturday night all Qs were search and pounce starting at the
bottom of the band and tuning up then going back to the bottom of the band.
The last couple of hours on Sunday night I ran on 160M, 80M and then 40M.  A
strange order I know but more QSOs were needed on TB so I started running and
then when it dried up went on to 80 and then 40.

Rig K3 P3
Microkeyer II WinTest
Acom 2000A running 1200 watts though I gave a report of 1500  EI limit 1500W
for contests

4 element SteppIR at 80 ft
BigIR vertical for 40 and 80
Inverted L at 90 feet vertical for TB