[3830] ARRLDX CW VE6TN SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 17 19:30:33 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6TN
Operator(s): VE6TN
Station: VE6TN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Calgary

  160:    3     3
Total:  819   286  Total Score = 700,128

Club: Alberta Clippers

Comments:

At the last minute I decided to get into the contest. It has been years since I
checked out my low band antennas.  No maintenance = doesn't work.  So I jury
rigged a tower shunt that worked nicely on day 2 for both 80m and 160m.  It
took a while to get back in the swing of things to remember the key-stroke
sequences etc but eventually it was back to being fun again!

10M really didn't open up for us at the northern latitude as there was a dull
roar from the polar regions that masked most of the activity.  All those
European spots and nothing heard here.  I can't wait for the sunspot cycle to
get higher and for the pileups to be HUGE day and night.

Thanks for working me and sharing in the experience.

de Barry VE6TN